How to use colour in the home
How to use colour in the home
Tuesday 31st October, 2017
Balham, South London
With the trend for dark walls and interiors on the wane and the opposite end of the spectrum being the grey Scandi style, there has to be a way forward for interiors that is more dynamic and interesting.
Introducing colour to your home can be daunting and it’s easy to make mistakes; it takes boldness to identify the perfect palette. This workshop will equip you with the confidence necessary to inject colour, style and personality into your home.
Angela Bunt (also known as 'Queen of Colour') has a wealth of experience in interior design and decorating. Her stylish, yet unconventional approach to design will equip you with colour confidence and give you an arsenal of tips to update a room and give it that wow factor. You will leave with an inspiration board, ready to create a truly show-stopping scheme.
Roz, from the artist duo Tipperleyhill will be on hand to help too. A Tipperleyhill contemporary abstract or print can be chosen to be used as part of your mood board, which you will have the opportunity to purchase if you want to use it in your final interior scheme. (Tipperleyhill are offering a discount for all workshop students of 20% off all their prints and original artwork).
You’ll learn how to narrow down colour options by:
- Gaining a better understanding of yourself, what makes you unique and how that translates into your own personal style
- Learning how to add colour to highlight your home's best features
- Considering the natural light of a room and which colours work best
- Adding pops of colour that showcase your personal style
- Using artwork to make your scheme cohesive
- Choosing fabric, wallpaper and other textiles swatches from Angela's extensive archive to add tactile and colour interest
- Welcome to Angela's beautiful home with coffee and introductions
- Prepare an inspiration board and present it to the group
- Colour talk by Angela
- LUNCH (includes a mezze selection of home cooked soup, dips and salads - please advise of any special dietary requirements)
- Create colour schemes for two rooms using samples of paint colour(s), wallpaper & fabric and present them to the group
- Finish with a celebratory glass of fizz
What You Will Take Away
You will take home your completed inspiration board. After the course I will email advice to you on identifying colour schemes based on what I gleaned from your inspiration board and your input.
What to Bring
Angela will provide materials and lunch, so all you need is a notebook, pen, an open mind and a smile!
5 hours (0930 – 1430)
£150 per person (includes lunch and fizz) or click here to purchase a gift voucher for a friend for a special occasion; they can be any value and redeemed against any of my services and workshops
36A Emmanuel Road, Balham, London SW12 0HH
Cancellation and Refund Policy:
Please confirm by email 10 working days prior to the workshop date if you wish to cancel or transfer to another date or workshop. Unfortunately no rebate can be given if you cancel within 10 working days of the workshop.
Due to technical limitations, gift vouchers cannot be redeemed directly against workshops and products via my website. Please contact me if you would like to use one of my gift vouchers as part or full payment for this workshop.