This is my favourite comfort food supper, a recipe I invented.
- 1 fresh red chilli
- 2 large cloves of garlic
- 1 can of chopped tomatoes (or plum peeled tomatoes)
- Fresh, washed spinach
- Good quality olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- Salt & pepper
- Chop the garlic and chilli and in a small, deep frying pan, fry the garlic and chilli in the olive oil.
- Add a can of chopped tomatoes (or plum peeled tomatoes that you have chopped manually)
- Add a half teaspoon of sugar and salt and pepper to taste
- Put a lid on the pan and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the spinach (as much as you want) and break two eggs gently in a couple of holes in the spinach).
- Put the lid back on and simmer gently for a couple of minutes.
- Remove from the heat and pour everything into a pasta plate.
- Eat as it is or if you are into eating carbs, you can mop up with bread as you eat it !!
It is absolutely divine!