This is a delicious recipe and a good way to use up roast chicken. I use spelt or barley couscous rather than the traditional couscous; however you could make this recipe with quinoa or any other grain.
- Harissa 1-2 tbsp. depending on how hot it is
- Natural yoghurt to serve (optional)
- Courgettes 4, sliced on the diagonal and fried in a little olive oil
- Coriander a bunch, chopped
- Couscous 200g (I use spelt couscous)
- Roast chicken 1/2 large or 1 small, pulled into pieces, skin removed
- Pistachios a large handful, toasted and roughly chopped
For the dressing
- Oranges 2, juiced and zested
- Whitevinegar a splash
- Olive oil
- Cook the couscous following the packet instructions. Mix the couscous, pistachios, courgettes, and most of the coriander in a bowl.
- Mix all the ingredients for the dressing. Add the harissa and most of the orange dressing and toss.
- Heap onto plates and top with chicken and more coriander, dress with the remaining dressing. Spoon over some yoghurt and extra harissa if you like.
PER SERVING 567 kcals, protein 41.2g, carbs 31.8g, fat 31.4g, sat fat 6.2g, fibre 1.2g, salt 0.33g