This gluten-free granola recipe is easy to whip up and is so moreish. You will want to snack on it all day!
- 1 ¼ cups gluten-free oats (if you are not concerned about gluten-free just use regular oats)
- 1/4 cup golden flaxseed meal
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 cup skin-on almonds, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup pumpkin sees
- 1/3 cups sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped dried dates
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1 tsp ground allspice
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup organic virgin coconut oil
- 1/2 cup agave syrup
- 1/3 cup nut butter (either almond, cashew or peanut)
- Preheat oven to 150C
- Combine all dry ingredients in large bowl
- Put coconut oil, agave syrup and nut butter in small saucepan and warm gently until the nut butter has melted, whisking to combine. Pour onto the dry ingredients and mix well so it is really well coated
- Tip onto a large lined baking tray and spread to a thin layer pressing down.
- Bake for 25 minutes, turning and pressing the mixture flat again after 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and leave on the tray until totally cold.
- Carefully transfer to an airtight container to maintain the shape of the large pieces, or it will break up and be like regular crumbly granola.
- Serve with fresh fruit and soya yoghurt