This recipe is one of the starters that we had on Christmas day. It is absolutely delicious.
- 2 red peppers
- 50g parmesan (grated)
- 200g single cream
- 3 eggs
- 50g salsa tonnata (tuna mayonnaise) - see recipe below
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Wash the peppers and remove the seeds.
- Cut them in strips and lightly sweat them on a slow heat in a frying pan. When they are soft, remove a few for decoration.
- Put the remainder in a food processor and whizz with the cream, parmesan, eggs, salt and pepper.
- Pour the mixture into four oven proof souffle dishes and put them in a large oven dish with water halfway up the side of the containers i.e. cook bain marie for 50 minutes at 160C.
- Remove from the oven, cool them a little and then remove them from the containers, one on each plate and decorate with the salsa tonnata and the peppers that you removed for decoration.