This is a favourite of mine since childhood and is also my children's favourite. It's very quick and easy to make. We always called it a cheesecake but it's not one as it doesn't contain cheese!
- 200g ginger biscuits (or digestive biscuits) ginger ones are nicer!
- 170g butter
- 4 lemons (you could substitute with 3 limes and half a lemon)
- 300ml double or whipping cream
- 400g can of sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat the oven to 150°C/130°C fan/390°F/gas 2.
- Crush the biscuits into crumbs, melt the butter and combine with the crumbs. Press the mixture into the base and sides of a flan dish.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and cool.
- Zest and juice the lemons.
- Lightly whip the cream, add half the condensed milk, the zest and juice and continue to whip lightly.
- Add enough of the remaining condensed milk to sweeten the mixture to your taste.
- Pour the mixture over the cooled base and refrigerate for 2 hours but ideally overnight.
- Decorate with thin slices of lemon zest and serve it with fresh raspberries.