I haven't made these yet, but found them on Nigella's Twitter account that I follow. I thought they looked so good that I wanted to share them with you. I plan to make them as soon as possible!
- 6 tablespoons lemon curd
- 125 grams unsalted butter (plus more for greasing)
- 125 grams caster sugar
- 125 grams plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- finely grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
You will need 6 ramekins (8cm diameter x 4cm deep / 6oz capacity) and a sturdy oven tray.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas mark 4/350ºF and grease the ramekins. Dollop about 1 tablespoon of lemon curd into the bottom of each one to cover.
- In the food processor, mix all the remaining ingredients except the lemon juice. When all has combined into a thick batter, add the lemon juice and blitz quickly to mix.
- Add the batter to the ramekins, blobbing it on top of the curd, until the mixture comes three-quarters of the way up. Smooth the tops, then place on a thick oven tray and bake for about 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, take the ramekins off the tray and ease the sponge gently away from the edges, using a small spatula, table or palette knife.
- Unmould each pudding onto a side plate or shallow bowl of your choice, spooning over any lemon curd that has stuck to the bottom.
- Serve immediately with custard, cream or ice cream as you wish. And you could consider heating up the remaining lemon curd in the jar in a microwave and spooning it over.