- 2 cups flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup caster sugar
- 100 grams butter
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1-1½ cups blueberries
Shake together in a screw-topped jar:
- ¼ cup of brown sugar
- ¼ cup of white sugar
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon
Sprinkle ½-1 teaspoon on each muffin before baking
- Sieve the first five (dry) ingredients into a large bowl.
- In another container warm butter until melted, then add the milk and egg, and beat to mix thoroughly.
- Prepare fresh or partly frozen berries, then tip the liquid and fruit into the bowl with the dry mixture. Without over-mixing, fold everything together. Flour should be dampened, not smooth. Berries should keep their shape.
- Divide the mixture evenly between 12 medium sized muffin pans that have been greased well. Top with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake at 220°C for 12–15 minutes, until muffins spring back when pressed (muffins made with frozen berries will take about 5 minutes longer).