This recipe is from my sister's blog, Taste Tickler. I wanted to share it with you as it is seriously wicked yet totally divine. My sister's blog is a food blog so any of you who are real foodies should follow it.
- 500ml double cream (chilled)
- 340g mascarpone
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup Kahlua liqueur
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp instant coffee powder (espresso powder is best)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 x 225g packets of good quality chocolate chip biscuits or cookies
- Shaved dark chocolate for garnish
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, combine the cream, mascarpone, sugar, Kahlua, cocoa powder, espresso powder and vanilla.
- Mix on low speed to combine and then slowly raise the speed until it forms firm peaks.
- To assemble the cake, arrange chocolate chip cookies flat in an 20cm spring-form pan, covering the bottom as much as possible (you can break some cookies to fill in the spaces).
- Spread a fifth of the mocha whipped cream evenly over the cookies. Place another layer of cookies on top, lying flat and touching, followed by another fifth of the cream.
- Continue layering cookies and cream until there are five layers of each, ending with a layer of cream.
- Smooth the top, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Run a small sharp knife around the outside of the cake and remove the sides of the pan.
- Sprinkle the top with the chocolate, cut in wedges and serve cold.