If you like tapioca-like puddings, you will love this.
This is one of the easiest, healthiest and most delicious puddings (or breakfasts) and it's based on Chia seeds.
Once the ultimate energy food for ancient Mayans and Aztecs, Chia seeds are an excellent source of antioxidants, omega-3s, calcium and fibre. They absorb over 10 times their weight in water.
This recipe uses almond milk rather than water which transforms the seeds into a the most divine creamy pudding.
Then top it with any seasonal fruit (I love raspberries and blueberries) and voilà, the most divine pudding ever!
Note: This recipe makes enough for two large servings, but feel free to double the recipe and keep it in the fridge for up to five days.
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup Chia seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (I use a full teaspoon)
- 1-2 tablespoons pure maple syrup or raw honey
- Seasonal fruit for topping
- Combine almond milk, Chia seeds, vanilla extract and sweetener in a bowl. Mix well until combined and the mixture begins to thicken. Store covered in the refrigerator overnight or for at least an hour (I prefer overnight).
- Stir well before serving and add a bit of water to the pudding if it becomes too thick.
- Top with fresh fruit and nuts of your choice.
Enjoy! Let me know in the comments if you try it, and what you think.